On this page, you will find a variety of options for your group’s visit to the United States Capitol. In addition to our Capitol Tour, we have education programs, Capitol Café lunch vouchers, and souvenir bundles from our gift shops. We hope that these offerings will help enhance your group’s visit, and we look forward to seeing you at the Capitol Visitor Center!
For information on how to reserve a Capitol Tour, click here.
For information about our education program, VOTE!, click here.
For information about our Capitol Cafe lunch voucher options, click here.
For information about our Gift Shop Souvenir Pack options, click here.
Let your students experience what it’s like to be a member of Congress. VOTE! is available by reservation and subject to availability. Sign up for the program today!
VOTE! is a free, 20-30 minute pre- or post-Capitol Tour program designed for middle and high school students. Your students will:
- Examine both sides of an issue
- Take a stand
- And then discuss the impact with classmates
Two options are based on legislation actually considered and voted on in Congress. You’ll learn the real outcome at the end of the program.
When making your reservation, you will choose one of the options below.
- Vote on Environmental Legislation
A growing city needs a new water source. The easiest and cheapest source is a river on federal land in a national park. Should the city be allowed to dam the river and use the water for its citizens? Or, should the valley remain protected for the use and enjoyment of all Americans? How would you vote?
- Vote on Cultural Legislation
A wealthy English chemist and mineralogist dies suddenly without an heir to inherit his fortune. He left his estate to the United States of America to further education. His wishes are vague, only that the funds must go to the “establishment of an institution for the increase and diffusion of knowledge.” Uncertain at first, Congress ultimately decided to accept this money. But, the question remains: “How should the United States spend these funds?” How would you vote?
The VOTE! program meets the National Council for the Social Studies’ curriculum standards and adds another educational element to your students’ visit to the Capitol. VOTE! is recommended for students in 7th grade and above. More details about the program, curriculum connections and arrival procedures will be emailed after booking. VOTE! is recommended for groups of 45 or fewer participants.
For additional information about the VOTE! program, or to inquire about making a reservation, please email email@example.com or call (202)593-1768. For information about our other educational programs and resources, click here.
The Capitol Cafe offers a wide range of meal choices for visitors and is located right in the Capitol Visitor Center.
For groups of 25 or larger, the Capitol Cafe offers lunch vouchers providing a variety of menu choices:
Guidelines for Reserving Capitol Cafe Vouchers
- The Capitol Cafe is open to the public on a first come, first served basis
- Groups of 25 or more may order vouchers in advance of their visit
- Orders are confirmed with an email from the Cafe
- Vouchers can be paid for and picked up at the Capitol Cafe from 8:30 am - 4 pm, Monday - Saturday
- Please provide 2 hours notice prior to picking up vouchers
- During Peak Season (March - June) please utilize the full lunch time window (11 am - 3:00 pm) and avoid high volume times (11:30 am - 1 pm). Space is limited, and groups may experience delayed entry periods
- Please order vouchers a minimum of 48 hours in advance to allow the cafe to accommodate your request. Unconfirmed orders are subject to delay due to previously received purchases.
- Children’s meal vouchers ($ 6.50) are for ages 12 and under
- Vouchers do not permit substitutions
- Groups may purchase different levels of vouchers for different group members
- Vouchers exclude Global Station, American Bounty and Salad Bar
- To reserve a voucher or for additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)593-1768.
ORDER, PAYMENT AND PICK-UP OPTIONS
The Cafe will provide a confirmation email once your order has been received. Payment will be processed the day of your visit. Only cash or credit cards accepted. Vouchers will be distributed once payment has been received.
Pay for and pick up vouchers at the Capitol Cafe during regular business hours, Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In the event of a cancellation, you will not be charged for your order.
The Gift Shops feature a selection of products made exclusively in the U.S.A. Our merchandise is inspired by the Capitol's art and architectural treasures and includes fun and educational gifts, books, jewelry and exciting custom-designed products unavailable anywhere else.
Pre-ordered bundle packs allow groups to have souvenirs for all students without visiting the Gift Shops. Bundle packs will be ready for pick-up at the North Gift Shop at the time specified on the form. All bundle packs come in a clear bag.
Patriotic Bundle Pack $2.99
- 4”x6” American flag
- U.S. Capitol pencil
- Independence Day postcard
- Uncle Sam button
West Front Bundle Pack $4.99
- 4”x6” American flag
- U.S. Capitol pencil
- Postcard of the West Front of the Capitol
- Magnet picturing the West Front of the Capitol
- Statue bookmark*
*The Capitol Visitor Center reserves the right to substitute items of similar value based on availability.
Document Bundle Pack $6.99
- 3 U.S. Capitol pencils
- Copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution
- Postcard of the historic Rotunda painting, “Declaration of Independence”